Friday, November 20, 2009

Comments on "Paying to Kill"

This was a very good commentary. I agree with you when talking about the amount of tax money being spent on the execution of prisoners because it is certainly excessive, but when it comes to capital punishment, I am indifferent. It doesn't matter to me whether the death penalty is in or out. But what does matter to me are the people who make the decision to abolish capital punishment. I feel that the families of the victims and/or the actual victims should be the ultimate makers of the decision even though we all are paying money for it. I feel that it is only fair for them to make this decision due the fact that they are the ones mainly affected by the guilty criminals actions. I believe in the saying, "It's easier said than done." It's easy to say that America does not need the death penalty if you've never had a loved one murdered by a psycho. It's almost like having men voting against abortion rights. Men can not have children and never will be able to, so why should they have a say so in what women can or can't do with their bodies? What about the mothers and/or families of the innocent children that are killed in America? What do we tell them? Do we tell them that it's not fair for the killer of their child to die although their child is dead because of the killer? Is that fair? I don't think it is. When it comes down to it, if I am paying money in taxes everyday to keep my child or loved one safe and protected, then that is money well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment