Friday, September 4, 2009

Glad to Have a Job


Whiny patients, complaining customers, stuck-up doctors, and irritating nurses pretty much sums up about eight hours worth of work at my place of employment. I work at Walgreen's as a Pharmacy Technician and even though it's not the best line of work, it does pay the bills. Although I may complain about work and almost always dread going there everyday, I can safely say that I do have a job. Having a job right now is one thing that I can be thankful for unlike most people living in the United States today.

According to this article I read on MSNBC, the U.S. unemployment right now is the highest it has ever been since 1983 by increasing to almost half a point to 9.7 in August. What kills me is when I hear talk about alot of people being replaced by computers and machines. If we do this, how exactly will this solve our unemplyment problem. I figure there is one person and one person only to blame for this chaos. Before the Bush administration, the U.S.was in good standing. But not to long after he was elected President, everything was downhill from there. I also believe that most of the strain came from the millions of dollar spent on the senseless war we have been enduring for the past few years. My brother just got home from serving his country in Iraq AND Afghanistan and he still has yet to figure out what exactly he was fighting for.

I'm not one to put fingers and waste time on trying to figure who did what, I'm more focused on how it can be fixed. This is such a big issur right now and I'm glad to see some efforts that are being made by the Government in atleast trying to fix our unemployment problem and just restore the U.S. as a whole.

THIS ARTICLE CAN BE READ AT:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32689068/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

No comments:

Post a Comment